Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EL VIKING! (My newer solo recordings): Reviews Please.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Matt Till, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Ha, yes, if Pollybass is lurking anymore, I did use the band name you suggested.

http://www.myspace.com/elviking

These songs are more laid back, I'm mellowing out. I wrote Lava Older Benefit about an hour ago and I really like it. It's the first thing I've written in about 2 months that I really like.

E kaf: This song is about a half a year old. I guess this is one of my vocal tracks. I sing a blues solo through a digitech synth wah. Ha. Also, I played the drums on my legs through the wah. Some hand drums as well. Lots o' Harmonics. This is about as happy as my music seems to get.

Edit (The Accoustic Version) - Probabaly the only thing I've writen that I would call "Cure Influenced"... :confused:

Make Love To Your Robot: Eh, not sure why I threw this in the mix. It doesn't really match the other songs. This one is more pure "weird out" factor. Very very strange.

Thoughts?

Edit: Bwahahah, I forgot to add the link!

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

:eyebrow:

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Hey buddy, don't be getting any funny ideas, I was thinking something more like this

[​IMG]

*whistles*

Ohhhhhhh my.

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Ahem...

So... I noticed on myspace you said you like Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure... and in my profile I've stated myself more a Bogus Journey man myself. Which I find funny because my friends and I were debating said classic pieces of cinema.

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    That's really interesting you should bring that up, because I noticed the exact same thing and wanted to bring it up but wasn't exactly sure what the best medium to bring it up would be. Whether Myspace message, attempted email or PM, comment box or talkbass, it seems there are so many ways to talk to Matt Till.

The point is, Bill and Ted's Excellent adventure is the superior movie, if, for nothing more than this line "strange things afoot at the circle K"

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    They both have shining moments, but c'mon... challanging death to battleship... c'mon.

8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
  9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Myspace friends are friends for life.

10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I noticed this thread is ruled by floating heads... that's weird.