1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Elbow - Grounds For Divorce

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by baba, Sep 12, 2008.

1. I'm really digging the new Elbow album, especially the overdriven bass tone on a couple songs. The vocals sound like Peter Gabriel and Steve Winwood humping. Highly recommended.

Check it:

2. 9mmMike

9mmMike Would you happen to have a cookie for me? Supporting Member

I like it too but not your description so much. PG & SW humping? How on earth did you ....nevermind.

3. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    Sir, You have quite a vivid imagination :)

Glad you posted this on a friday......if it were monday, I'd have to walk right out of work, go home, lock myself in my bedroom and cry and laugh hysterically as if I was violated in some way.
    :help:

However, seeing that it's Friday, I have just cleaned up the soda I just spit up after reading that combination :D

4. bassbrock

bassbrock

Feb 20, 2007
    Callahan, FL
    Cool song... why haven't I heard of these guys before? And that overdriven bass riff is infectious!

5. That was my reaction. I literally almost stopped the car when I heard this song. I'm so shocked these days when I hear something I actually dig on the radio!

6. 9mmMike

9mmMike Would you happen to have a cookie for me? Supporting Member

They have that song and two others from a session at Abbey Road on YouTube that are very nice. I will be getting this CD for sure.

7. Those were great!! I love The Bones Of You.

8. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Excellent band!

9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Diggin' it, I think if I heard it on the radio, I'd assume it a new Peter Gabriel tune.