Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by Tbeers, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Tbeers

Mar 27, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I don't know if this is the right forum, but I figure the worst that can happen is someone has to move it.

I bought a few tracks off Eldar Djangirov's self-titled album. Has anyone else checked this out yet? I did a search on the forums but it brought back nothing.

It blows me away that anyone my age could play like he does. He plays murderously fast lines, crazy out stuff that is clearly just him messing around and having fun. He plays nice lyrical stuff too. It's all there... I have only praise and optimism. In 10 years it is scary to think what he might be doing.

Patitucci's playing is good too, but I am a little bit disappointed by his solo on Moanin'.
  2. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    I looked him up on the AMG -- very impressive playing. I'd like to pick this one up myself eventually...great stuff. Can't wait to hear his full version of Nature Boy!
  3. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Years ago at NT, I used to play with a guy named Mike Cain. He was 18 and played like that. He's still playing but I'm sure his music has gone in many directions over the years.
  4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I suppose he'll get interest on the net from people who use a search engine and mispell Elgar!! ;)
  5. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Either that, or Futurama fans...
  6. Eldar sounds like Fats Waller, Art Tatum, and Oscar Peterson all rolled into one - and he's only 18 - amazing technique and musicianship far in advance of his age. I think his version of "Sweet Georgia Brown" is my favourite (from the CD "Eldar") - he combines all the elements of different piano-playing styles, and flips from one to the other effortlessly - impressive considering his age…

- Wil
  7. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    He's been here a few times and kicked the collective asses of some of my friends who've done rhythm section work with him. Bob Harrison plays bass with him when he comes.... lots of notes, insane tempi, and youthful bravado. Chops out da butt.