1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Elderly Ibanez's ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Zapp, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Zapp

Zapp

Sep 4, 2005
    Gruene Texas
    is there a thread somewhere or club or silo or solitary confinement wing for Pre-1984 Ibanez basses? trying to get a shortlist of models or identifying marks together

Aberdumbie likes this.
  2. Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    tightbidness likes this.
  3. Aberdumbie

Aberdumbie

Jan 22, 2016
    South Carolina
    Oh man.... Make it 1985 or before. Then I could participate...

4. Zapp

Zapp

Sep 4, 2005
    Gruene Texas
    well i could be wrong - i was chatting to one of the local Austin-area pros and he mentioned pre-84... maybe pre-85 is correct. basically i got that the idea was pre-lawsuit days, designed and/or reverse-engineered, and made, in Japan. from snooping around ebay [where it is difficult to refine, not knowing names or model numbers] I don't see any "bargains" in that era. looks like everyone is looking for the few availables

5. Skybone

Skybone

Jun 20, 2016
    Scotland
    There's always www.ibanezcollectors.com, which, to be fair, is more geared towards our shorter scaled, six string brethren, it does however, have some acknowledgement of Ibanez's bass output.

6. The lawsuit occurred in 1977. It may not be as encyclopedic as you're looking for, but Ibanez: The Untold Story is a great read.