1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Electra Mpc modules

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bib2, Mar 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. bib2

bib2

Mar 14, 2018
    Hallo, is my first message. I bought a good Electra x-610 Outlaw bass and I would need at least a couple of modules. I tried on ebay but maybe I did the wrong searches. Can anyone help me ? thank you

2. JMGiraffe

JMGiraffe Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Michigan
    Hey! Amazing bass to pick up - sadly the modules are hard to come by and not always in the best condition when you do find them being sold separately from the instrument. The best bet is to just continue searching ebay, reverb, craiglist, etc. - it's hit or miss as they're no longer in production. I don't know how active this website is but it's Electra collector specific and might garner better results for your search: The Electra Forums • View forum - Guitars & Parts For Sale

3. bib2

bib2

Mar 14, 2018
    Thank you .i will try

4. bib2

bib2

Mar 14, 2018
    I have tried but it is really difficult to find these modules even if I have seen that these bass, although not very common, have different admirers. Even without modules is strong not too far from the 4001 Rick I have at home. I heard on you tubes that with the dynamic Fuzz and the Compressor is a power

5. ChubbyJerk

ChubbyJerk Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Schematics are available online for the pin out. Use a 3d printer to make some cartridges and build your own. Given the scarcity of the originals - especially being sold separately - this is unfortunately probably the best bet.

I know that's not a "good" answer, but aside form setting up recurring searches on eBay and checking craigslist and so on, you're short on options. On the plus side, you could make modules for whatever effects you want! And if you sell a few you could even recoup some of your expenses.

(Please note: I do not actually think you would end up selling a significant number of these, even if you made them very well. It's far too niche of a market.)