1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Electra Phoenix P/J

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by FL Knifemaker, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Must thin out the collection!!

Another '80's bass from the Matsumoku factory! Other than quite a few minor dings on the body and finger wear by the P pup, it's in great shape for it's age. Very, VERY little fret wear. This has the 18v preamp and is a sonic tone monster!! Everything works perfectly. The neck on this one I would say is between a P and Jazz neck. It's thinner than my other Electra P necks but it's not as skinny as a typical Jazz neck. The setup is perfect, low, no fret buzz and plays perfectly. I may never be needed but I will also include a wiring schematic.

S0LD!!!!!!!:hyper: Paypal prefered

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Please don't be afraid to shoot me a reasonable offer. I gotta make room. This is great playing bass.

3. $300?? :eyebrow: You will not find many $300 basses that will play and sound like this one ;)

4. EduardoK

EduardoK

Jun 28, 2004
    What is the precise nut width?
    And the neck profile?

5. 1.575 at the nut, 2.450 at the 20th fret. I would call the profile D shaped, medium, not fat thickess front to back. It has a nice thickess that seems right for the width but not nearly as thin front to back as my Bacchus Jazz!

6. Monday BUMP!!! :)

7. Wed nes day Bump :help:

If you buy this the Matsumoku Gods will provide long life, happiness and many children. :bassist:

8. Arnold

Arnold Supporting Member

What's the control layout?
    Thanks.
    Nice bass!!!

9. Thanks.

knobs:

Volume
    Trebble/Bass Boost ( in active)
    Tone Passive, the schematic says "notch roll off active" I'm pretty sure it's a mid boost/cut in active.

mini switches:

Series/Parallel
    Phase/reverse
    Eq or passive/active on/off

My wife and I spend some time trying to get an accurate weight. 9lbs on two scales!!

10. Bump the P/J :bassist:

11. bassinstincts

bassinstincts Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Acoustic Image
    Hi

Scale 34"?

What does this puppy weigh?

Thanks.

12. 34" scale, right at 9lbs.

13. Saturday Mornin' BUMP!!

14. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    NJ
    Matsumoko rocks!

For those of you who aren't aware, this was made by the same guys that made the vintage 70s/80s Ibanez.

It may seem like a small thing, but having the pickup selector switch in this location makes a huge difference. Much easier and quicker to reach while playing.

You simply can't get something like this at this price from any modern manufacturer. And as a bonus, the wood has already aged for 20+ yrs.

If it was BLACK w/maple neck, I'd be all over it.

Good luck FLK.

15. Thanks Mitch!! Yes, it would take a hell of a lot more than $300 to buy something that plays and sounds better at GC!!

16. Bump for a price reduction!!

$250 Shipped!! Where's all the Matsumoku love?? :)

17. $225??? :eyebrow:

18. May I see a shot of the back of the instrument?
    Thanks
    Josh

19. It's got a few dings but nothing outrageous.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. slap2much

slap2much Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    pm sent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.