1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Electric Apricot

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by M@ddest_H@tter!, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Anyone seen this yet, I just picked it up yesterday. Its awfully
    amusing. Les Claypool wrote, directed and stared in this awesome mockumentary of jam bands. I HIGHLY recomend it.

2. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    I loved it. Recommended as well.

3. It's out?

My guitarist wanted to get a movie night together to watch it.

4. Chipsonfire

Chipsonfire

Jul 20, 2007
    Socorro, NM
    It's no where to be found in my town, unfortunately. I probably going to have to resort to less wholesome ways of getting it :(

5. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    HEE-larious movie.

'Hey are ya going to Burning Man'

Claypool really nails some of the more amusing characters that one meets in the Jam scene, and he really captures that 'I"m a tortured artist' muso type that EVERYONE has played in a band with. Excellent movie!!

6. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    I love the part where it takes him a whole day to tune his snare in the studio. It even sounds like crap later on too.:p

7. Marcury

Marcury High and Low

Aug 19, 2007
    Mid Hudson Valley, NY
    I saw the trailer recently. I'm really looking forward to this.

8. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I've had that EXACT same scene happen to me, and more than once, in the studio. Dead on.

9. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    God, you people thought that movie was funny? I rented it last night, and I have never not laughed so hard since doing my taxes.

Sure, the scenes were mildly whimsical, but only because of the premise of poking fun at the stereotypes- it's a humor-laden premise, but the actual writing and acting was totally lifeless and dull, and Claypool's character was the only one remotely interesting onscreen.

I guess if you are (a) part of the jam-band scene, and (b) baked while you watch it, then I could imagine it being pretty funny. But The Rutles and Spinal Tap, by contrast, were hilarious even without being "in the scene" or being high. Apricot = boo-oo-oo-ring.

10. baalroo

baalroo

Mar 24, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    It's on my netflix queue, I'll report back once I get to it.

(bongo's review has me worried)

11. Well, I definitely wasn't baked, since Im in Iraq, and Im not really into the jam band scene, I like some of it. I just thought it was a good movie.

Molten glass on my scrotum really, really hurts!