1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Electric G**tar Forum

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mattpnolan, May 4, 2006.

1. mattpnolan

mattpnolan Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you know of a good electric guitar forum? I'm doubting I'll find a community as great as TB, but I would like to find something as close as possible. I found an acoustic guitar forum that is very nice (uses same forum "engine" or whatever). Thanks.

P.S. The most important thing to me is that I can discuss and get advice on the various components (pickups, woods, tuners, wiring, et cetera) just like we have here on Talkbass for bass.

2. i don't believe I've ever seen a guitar forum where people have civilized conversations about pickups, woods or anything like that...the mojority of guitar forums that i've seen are just one big who's the best guitar player argument...and for some odd reason it always comes down to Jimi Hendrix, Jack White and Tom Delunge

3. I've been wondering about this too.

Care to share the acoustic forum you found? I'd like to check it out.

4. tkozal

tkozal

Feb 16, 2006
    New York City
    the gear page - like talk bass for those small necked wankers..but I don't have the url anymore, and I couldn't connect to thegearpage.com

also the fenderforum.com

5. Guitarnoise.com. It's an even nicer forum than TB, it that's even possible.

6. tkozal

tkozal

Feb 16, 2006
    New York City
  7. mattpnolan

mattpnolan Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/ is the site my friend directed me to, and the people there are nice and very knowledgeable, even about custom acoustic guitars (much like there is so much info on boutique basses around here.) I'll check out the Fender Forum and Guitar Noise. Thanks guys. If anyone else knows of any other forums, feel free to chime in! :)