Electric guitar equivalent of talkbass?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Heckxx, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Heckxx

Nov 2, 2004
    Libertyville, IL
    ok i wasnt sure where to post this, but is there a guitar site out there similar to this TalkBass one? I tried doing google searches and got pretty much nothing. kinof odd considering guitar is probably more popular than bass...
  2. You could go to that stupid, unorganized, forum filled with kids at ultimate-guitar.com?...I wouldn't advise it though
  3. invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    I presonally recommend the Jem Site, less spam/uneducated/ignorant people on there than on most other forums.
  4. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Fender Discussion Page at www.fenderforum.com is where I do all my guitar chat.

Jemsite is pretty good too.
  5. SubversivePinko

SubversivePinko No use for an ironic title

Feb 19, 2005
    Bellingam, WA
    The short answer is, there is no single guitar site that's as good as TB. There are some very good topical forums (Seymour Duncan and Fender forums are great examples, as well as the Gear Page for anything boutique), but nothing the size or quality of what we've got going on here.

6. As much as I like TalkBass, I gotta disagree. Go to www.thegearpage.net

You won't believe how awesome that site is. Very informative, fun, cool. Try it and get back to me.
  7. Heckxx

Nov 2, 2004
    Libertyville, IL
    thanks guys. so far looks like thegearpage.net seems pretty awesome
  8. SubversivePinko

SubversivePinko No use for an ironic title

Feb 19, 2005
    Bellingam, WA
    Love the Gear Page, great bunch of guys, very knowledgeable, but like I said, unless you've got really, really deep pockets, it isn't much help. It's very very boutique-oriented. Or maybe that's how it sees me because I'm insanely jealous of some of the setups people have over there. ;)

9. The best mature guitar oriented site I have found is the "Telecaster Discussion Page ReIssued" <www.tdpri.com> The are primarily Telecaster oriented, but have Strat, Acoustic, Amp, PIckup, Bass and other forums. I rate Talkbass, TDPRI and Steel Guitar Forum at the top in terms of intelligent discussion of music issues with great moderators who keep things on track.
  10. jusaplaya

Dec 14, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Good luck finding one. I haven't seen any guitar forums with the level of expertise and intelligence that is found on talkbass. At least not yet.
  11. I am an active member of www.seymourduncan.com/forum

Really good group of guys. Not quite as good as TB, but I go there for my guitar needs (I am mainly a guitar player, after all).