Electric or Double Bass???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DirkLanceFan, Jun 11, 2004.

1. DirkLanceFan

DirkLanceFan Guest

May 8, 2003
    Dallas, Tx, USA
    Which type of bass do you prefer?? Does the electric bass tickle your pickle?? or does the double bass?? I wunna read your oipinions :bassist:
  2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    apples and oranges.
  3. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    They're different. I use them for different things. I wouldn't play So What on an electric, I wouldn't play Silly Putty on an upright. This is like, "do you prefer furry hats or hamburgers?".
  4. Metallideth

Feb 19, 2004
    mhhm furry hamburgers.
  5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Dude, blue is so better the furry hats or hamburgers :eyebrow:

DirkLanceFan: you seem to have a knack for the "too vague" or "done 10 times in the last month"

it's cool though, just search a bit an bump up the old ones, I for one, get a kick out of reading thread that resurface from the past.

to answer this one.... I prefer electric fretless but fully intend to get and play upright. I've got my eyes on a 5 string carved top from "All Hail" Bob G (http://www.urbbob.com) and an electric urb from Jesse @ www.ergoinstruments.com

all just another tool to create on :bassist:
  6. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    They are SOOO different you wouldnt believe it! Just the Practicing and Honing of the Right Hand Technique for Pizzicatto or Arco Style playing is intense! I have played for a local Musician once, he had ten minutes to spare and I was in a Music Store, I was talking to him about how I play "Slab" and would like to Learn DB, and he asked if I had ever played one, and I said not correctly, He was happy with my answer and Showed me how to *Correctly* play it.... IT HURT!!! HE said it was Just my "Hand Muscules" getting Sore from never being used in that fashion, Pretty cool, but it takes LOTS of Dedication...

But Paintings of Furry, Blue Hamburgers would RUWL!
  7. here ya go...wouldnt mind trying one of these
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

i particuallary like this one
  8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

Hmmmm... odd things about seeing that bass. I can't help remebering the first time I saw the front half of a motorcycle welded to the back half of a VW beetle in attempt to make a 3 wheeler :meh: