1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

electric razors

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by uethanian, Sep 21, 2008.

1. uethanian

uethanian

Mar 11, 2007
    so i'm still looking for an electric razor that works, i have a pretty heavy beard (jewish/scandinavian), and razors seem to have a hard time cutting down to the root (my hair grows at a very inconvenient downward angle).

i dont want to use regular razors because they've always made me break out and irritate my skin.

does anyone here have an electric razor that they really like? thats not too expensive either?

2. Scarlet Fire

Scarlet Fire

Mar 31, 2007
    New England
    I just use a Braun razor. They have some pretty good stuff if you're willing to invest a little cash in it.

3. ubado

ubado Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    Good Luck finding the one that will give as good a shave as a razor. :(

I've been using electric razors for the past 20+ yrs .... tried just about every brand & kind (foils, rotary .... wet, dry) and haven't been able to get a good shave, in the areas with difficult beard grain, from any of them.

The closest one I found was the wet/dry Panasonics .... they seem to cut the best, having some of the highest speeds in cutting blades. They are a bit pricey, but not as bad as some Brauns out there (don't like where Braun's intergrated trimmers are located). Can be scored -rather cheap- on eBay.

IMO ... the best shavers -on the cheap- are the Remmington TCT3's (I prefer Foils over Rotary). I've been using the same one for the past 3yrs. It does a good job with the difficult hairs. Plus I like where the intergrated trimmer is located.

Good luck with the hunt. If you find one .... let us know! :D

4. I've been using Norelcos on my heavy wire beard since I started shaving(about 33 years ago) The key ingredient for me is the shaving powder stick. Dries up the oils and keeps the razor from clogging.
    Josh

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I like Norelco too. I tried Braun based on Consumer Reports recommendation but it wasn't for me. I should have listened to my 85 year old granddad...told me once that he's tried them all and to stick with Norelco. Just put out the money for the higher end Norelco though...they are completely different razors from the budget models from my experience.

bc

6. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Electric razors just don't work for me.

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Luddite.

bc

8. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Try 'Lectric Shave. It helps a lot.

Oh, and I use Braun.

9. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Try Nair?

10. If regular shaving causes you to break out try a different after shave.

Dont go forwards, go backwards, get a cut throat, yar!

[​IMG]

11. Ezbass

Ezbass

Apr 3, 2008
    U.K.
    I've got a very dark think beard (Portuguese extraction) and I finally found that the Braun dual head with integrated cutter works pretty good for me. Not as close as a wet shave, but at least I don't look like a Sweeney Todd victim afterwards. It did take around 2 weeks for my face to get used to it after having used a rotary (not so great results and still some rash) and a good pre shave will help enormously, I use Clinique.

If only I could get my beard to grown on my head which is receding "nicely"(?):(