SOLD Electrical Guitar Company (EGC) custom 8 string, aluminum neck into wood body

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by KPO2000, Sep 30, 2016.

1. KPO2000

KPO2000 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2001
    MA
    Price:
    $2899
    Strings:
    Beautiful custom Electrical Guitar Company (EGC) 8 string bass for sale. (Plays great as 4 string as well.) The design is based off the first 8 string that Kevin ever made (for Bob Weston of Shellac). I ordered this custom to my spec and have been the sole owner since I took delivery in August 2012.

Those that know Kevin's work at EGC already know that he has pays impeccable attention to detail. The bass sounds and plays amazingly and is a work of art. I've only played it for special projects and at a gig once. It's in very clean shape.

Finish: cobalt blue metallic
    Controls: concentric knobs vol-tone for neck and bridge pick-ups
    Neck: aluminum with black block inlays
    34" scale
    Width at nut: just under 2"
    Pick-ups: single coils, 70s jazz spacing
    Weight: @12lbs,great balance
    -Schaller strap locks
    -Spare, unused tortoise guard
    -Comes in hardshell case, like new

$2,899 shipped OBO.
    No trades. I'm also offering elsewhere so please be aware. PM me if interested. IMG_1524.JPG FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
    IngloriousOz, JCBass and NoNoise like this.
  2. xparis001

xparis001 Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Providence, RI
    Senior Product Manager, Akai Professional
    E Holy crap, dream bass. Mostly because I'm a huge shellac fan. Are the next Sunday is really thick? Please post a video so we can hear this!

3. KPO2000

Sep 5, 2001
    MA
    Video added

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  4. cromag31

cromag31 Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2014
    orange county New York
    why did it have to be an 8 string?

5. KPO2000

Sep 5, 2001
    MA
    It plays quite comfortably with the high octave strings off the bass as well. I tried it that way for a few weeks.

Here's what the maker said before I ordered the bass because I asked the same question: The octave strings are generally .06-.08 from the lower strings. So if you want to play normal 4 string and take the octaves off it will only feel and look like the strings are now shifted that small bit. Basically it wouldn't be awkward at all.