SOLD Electrical Guitar Company (EGC) custom 8 string, aluminum neck into wood body

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by KPO2000, Sep 30, 2016.

1. KPO2000

KPO2000 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2001
    MA
    Price:
    $2899
    Strings:
    Beautiful custom Electrical Guitar Company (EGC) 8 string bass for sale. (Plays great as 4 string as well.) The design is based off the first 8 string that Kevin ever made (for Bob Weston of Shellac). I ordered this custom to my spec and have been the sole owner since I took delivery in August 2012.

Those that know Kevin's work at EGC already know that he has pays impeccable attention to detail. The bass sounds and plays amazingly and is a work of art. I've only played it for special projects and at a gig once. It's in very clean shape.

Finish: cobalt blue metallic
    Controls: concentric knobs vol-tone for neck and bridge pick-ups
    Neck: aluminum with black block inlays
    34" scale
    Width at nut: just under 2"
    Pick-ups: single coils, 70s jazz spacing
    Weight: @12lbs,great balance
    -Schaller strap locks
    -Spare, unused tortoise guard
    -Comes in hardshell case, like new

$2,899 shipped OBO.
    No trades. I'm also offering elsewhere so please be aware. PM me if interested. IMG_1524.JPG FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
    IngloriousOz, JCBass and NoNoise like this.
  2. xparis001

xparis001 Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Providence, RI
    Senior Product Manager, Akai Professional
    E Holy crap, dream bass. Mostly because I'm a huge shellac fan. Are the next Sunday is really thick? Please post a video so we can hear this!

3. KPO2000

Sep 5, 2001
    MA
    Video added

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  4. cromag31

cromag31 Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2014
    orange county New York
    why did it have to be an 8 string?

5. KPO2000

Sep 5, 2001
    MA
    It plays quite comfortably with the high octave strings off the bass as well. I tried it that way for a few weeks.

Here's what the maker said before I ordered the bass because I asked the same question: The octave strings are generally .06-.08 from the lower strings. So if you want to play normal 4 string and take the octaves off it will only feel and look like the strings are now shifted that small bit. Basically it wouldn't be awkward at all.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021