1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Electrical Guitar Company Series 2 Aluminum/Acrylic Bass - LF Travis Bean or Wal

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Khrist92, May 28, 2020.

1. Khrist92

Khrist92 Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2018
    New Jersey
    Price:
    Strings:
    Feeler post:

A few months ago I took ownership of this EGC Series 2 bass that I ordered way back in 2018. It is a unique bass: it can be either super clear or aggressive, but I've yet to really "connect" with it besides how it looks. It sounds great with pick/fingers/tapping, but slap on it sound unexpectedly cool, which was a big surprise to me.

The bass is string-thru, dual humbucker (vol/tone for each pup and a 3 way pup switch), has Schaller straplocks, and comes with its OHSC.

I'm interested in fretted Wal basses of any kind. Obviously, this would be a trade towards one, not a 1-to-1 swap. I recognize the value of both. For now, I am not interested in selling outright.

I am also interested in a Travis Bean 2000.

Message me with any questions or a demo. If this ad is up the offer is still on the table.

20200302_100041.jpg
    IMG_20200302_104738_602.jpg
    20200302_131312.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  2. Dougflores

Dougflores

Jan 18, 2017
    What a sweet bass! A shame I can’t offer anything towards your trade for a Wal. If you ever do decide on selling outright please keep me in mind! Would love a chance to get my hands on it!

3. kulit17

kulit17 Wal Collector #35 Supporting Member

Sweet looking bass! Just FYI though "most" Wal owners would not part with their Wal for any other basses - myself included. If they are forced to let it go its typically for monetary reasons. You might be better off selling your bass and keeping a cash fund available and waiting for one that goes for sale. The way Wals are selling, you need to be the first one to hop on it before its gone......

Cool looking Alembic though!

4. Khrist92

Apr 5, 2018
    New Jersey
    Most, I'm sure. But, one has to hope...

5. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    This. Is. So. Cool.

These are really hard to get, from my understanding. Matt Armstrong from Murder by Death (fantastic bassist of a fantastic band by the way) has one. Granted a bit different than this one, but still cool as hell. He shows it off toward the beginning of this video:

Khrist92 likes this.
  6. Khrist92

Apr 5, 2018
    New Jersey
    Bump, I am also interested in Travis Bean 2000 / Wedge.