Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

electrical parts . . .

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by i_got_a_mohawk, Aug 15, 2005.

1. I know you people in the US have radio shack or whatever that'd probably have this

Im basically making an audio channel switch for my pc, all i really need is three 3.5mm stereo jack sockets and a 2 way on/on style toggle switch

(so i can have headphones and speakers plugged in at the same time, and can change which is being used by the flick of a switch instead of having to go round the back of the pc to switch the wires, and i cant use my front audio ports since i got my sound card :( )

Preferably somewhere in the UK, but for how much it would cost to send it, a US store would be ok

Anywhere that makes cheap chassis box's or little metal box's of a sort aswell? :)

I know its not really bass related, but, whats the harm in asking :)

2. Maplin.co.uk have a reasonable range of electronic components, and will operate by mail order, or through any of their stores in most major towns and cities.

IMO they are going downhill fast, by dropping the component sales in favour of modules, radio control cars and gadgets - much the same as Tandy (Radioshack UK) did a few years ago before they shut down. They are also quite expensive.

Anyone out there got any better offers?

3. cheers, i have a friend where i used to work who could get the parts through CPC , i may just do that, i was wanting to get them myself tho, dont like hasseling people!

4. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Whenever I need electrical bits that I can't get locally, I get them shipped in from the USA through www.partsexpress.com.