1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Electrix Mo-FX Time-Based Stereo Effects Unit- rare and fantastic

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by squarewave, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squarewave

squarewave Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    UPDATE:I changed my mind after playing with this a little today. I'll keep it. No longer for sale.

I have for sale a very nice Electrix Mo-FX time-based stereo effects unit. The unit is designed to be either rack mounted or used on a desktop. The case is designed to tilt it back at approx 45 degrees, and the rack mounts can be removed, leaving a nicely-finished cast metal end panel.

A search on the web will give you all of the specs, but you could start with the description and sound samples at the Electrix site, which is electrixpro.com. You can find the manual here: http://www.electrixpro.com/support/manuals.html

Flange, tremolo (with stereo auto-pan), distortion, and delay (with stereo ping-pong) are on-board. Midi in, out, and through, left and right inserts, and a footswitch jack are on the back panel.

I want to emphasize how cool it is to be able to sync the time based effects. They can be used independently, controlled by there respective speed knobs, or synced to each other’s tempo (via tap-tempo or midi clock). Each effect has the ability to sub-divide the clock time into multiple divisions (both even and odd). You can get effects playing against or with each other in really cool ways. I can’t do the description justice, so go ahead and read the manual. The time-sync features are fantastic. You can affect whatever frequency band you want to for each effect too.

The unit is in really good condition. I think one paint chip is the only flaw. See photos below. These units aren’t made anymore. Electrix is supposedly back in business, but don’t be fooled by the web page- it makes it look like they are in full operation (they’re not).

The buttons and knobs on the Electrix stuff are the best in the business, in my opinion. The unit lights up like a Christmas tree, with lights indicating the state of each effect, the speed of the clock, etc. It is very user friendly once you understand the basics.

I’d keep it, but I absolutely have to have a Pigtronix Echolution, so the Mo-FX has to go. I’m asking $160 firm including shipping in the continental U.S.

Please check out my feedback here on Talkbass. I prefer PayPal, but other forms of payment are ok too. I pack things very well and ship promptly. Please PM any questions or go ahead and ask them here in the thread. Thanks for looking.

Jeff

2. squarewave

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    click on the thumbnails for larger shots

3. squarewave

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    Check out all the wave forms available on the tremelo.

4. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    That's good price.

5. yes, bump on a great piece of equipment at a great price--I used to have two!

6. squarewave

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    Thanks for the bumps guys. This one is super clean, so I think the price is really good. Superbassman- I bought my Filter Factory from you. I will never part with it. It was kind of a tough choice to sell the Mo-FX, but I can't own every piece of equipment, and I really want a Pigtronix Echolution.

7. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Banned

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
    This is a great price especially for any overseas buyers! Beats my listing

8. squarewave

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    I changed my mind after playing with this a little today. I'll keep it. No longer for sale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.