1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Electrix Repeater Loop/Phrase Sampler

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by bearclaw, Mar 23, 2001.

1. bearclaw

bearclaw

Nov 13, 2000
    Does anyone know if the "Electrix" loop/phrase sampler functions like the "Lexicon Jamman"? Could it be used in a live setting for solo bass playing perhaps? Thanks.

2. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    In the May 2001 issue of Guitar Player there's a preview of the new, guitar-optimized version of the Repeater. It can be controlled by a Midi footpedal and store up to 999 loops, each containing 4 tracks which can be individually tweaked. Sounds like you could generate some serious mayhem in a live performance! Boss also has a new Loop Station footpedal that stores up to 5 1/2 minutes of 10 different loops, and Line 6's delay modeler has a looping function. I'm looking to get some looping gear after my Chapman Stick arrives in June but I haven't tried anything besided the JamMan.

3. bearclaw

bearclaw

Nov 13, 2000
    Thanks for the info Winston! Would you happen to know the sampling time-frame for the equipment you mentioned? I need about 45 seconds worth of time. Just out of curiosity, where did you purchase your Chapman Stick? I used to study bass with Nick Beggs while I resided in London. Take care.

4. biscuit

biscuit

Mar 6, 2000
    Virginia, USA
    I use a Boomerang phrase sampler. It is designed for live use and will loop over a minute of music. You can layer as many tracks as you want (but after about 4 tracks the sound quality is degraded). I use it to loop my bass line while I add fills and double-stops during guitar solos and extended jams.

5. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    Burcaw-I don't really know anything more specwise about the stuff-I'm still in the "searching for information" stage myself. Go to the Talkbass "Ask the Pros" section and check out the Steve Lawson forum-he does a lot of loop-based playing and could probably help you out with specifics.
    I ordered the Stick directly from Stick Enterprises. It's been more than ten years since I played one (I borrowed one from a friend briefly) and I'm really looking forward to getting my own!