Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Electrix repeater

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Apr 29, 2002.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Few questions about this unit

1. Has anybody got one?

2. Whats the sound quality like I heard it was 16 bit does this make much of a difference.

3. How does it compare to other units such as the boss loop station, boomerang and any others in the same price range?

4. Is it noisy at all in play back?

5. Is it worth the money?

6. Could you also use it as a four track recorder?

Thanx All

2. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    One of the guitarists in my band uses one. It is AMAZING. I think it blows all the other loopers out of the water. Just the fact that you can save your loops (in WAV format - CD quality sound) to Compact Flash cards puts the Repeater above the rest, IMO. You can use it as a four track recorder, as a sampler, and as a looper. You can timestretch your loops without changing the pitch. You can change the pitch without changing the tempo.

It is dead quiet and solidly built. Every function can be controlled by MIDI. It has a beat detect function and a metronome. The user interface is excellent.

I can't believe how cheap it is, considering all the features. Around $500 NEW!! You'd pay that for two new Line 6 delay modelers and not have anywhere near the looping/sampling functionality of the Repeater.

I want one! :D

3. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Where does he run it in his rig before the amp? in the fx loop?

How much would the appropriate midi controller cost.

Cheers

4. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    No idea... Digitech used to make a basic one that you can get cheap. I forget the model. There are tons of midi controllers and midi pedalboards out there to choose from.

However, you can buy a little 3-button analog footswitch (made by Digitech) that will allow you to record, play and stop your loops without having to use a midi controller. That is the only outboard controller my friend uses with his Repeater; for all other functions, he uses the front panel controls.