Electro acoustic basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by VinceLovesF, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Hello everyone!

Does anybody have an idea of brands for those basses....
    As I will study in Scotland next year, I don't want to bring neither my F Bass and Fender there...As I won't stay a while...

I will consider all the brands, from cheap to high end, perhaps I'll keep it after scotland if I like it!

2. Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Perhaps a Carvin AC40 or 50?
  3. SNARF!!!!! Hey man! It's me Powerslave from JMF!!! nice to see you one TB! Hope you enjoy your stay
  4. OK? can you send me links please??
  5. You could try a full custom like

Dave Maize

Abe Wechter

I have one of the Wechter acoustic guitars and love it. I supppose that ordering a bass would probably be out of the question, depending on when you're leaving.
  6. I once owned a Rick Turner Renaissance 5 fretless and liked it a lot despite the high price of Thomastik-Infeld's nylon-core strings. There are other options for strings of course but the Thomastiks are very nice on that bass. I just tried out some Rob Allen basses and although they're quite expensive they have an amazing sound. I especially like the Deep 5. It's their most expensive model starting at US$3949. It comes from the shop with Labella black nylon tapewound strings. I have used these strings before on a fretless Tobias and likewise on the Deep 5 the sound is massive. I hit the low G and I thought I found the brown note! These things are serious!