1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

electro hamonix blackfinger

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by deftim69, Jul 5, 2003.

1. deftim69

deftim69

Jun 11, 2003
    I am looking for a good tube compressor and a friend said give the electro hamonix blackfinger a try. It has two tubes running at high voltage.I cant find one in a shop do I wanted to know if anyone here has tried one and what do you think of it. I also am looking any recommedations on a good tube compressor.

2. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    i am in the same boat. i played it and it ruled... just wondering if a multicomp wopuldnt suit me better

3. phillm47

phillm47 Supporting Member

Never had the chance to try the EH Black Finger. I own an Art Levelar tube compressor. Great unit. $70 new - don't let the price fool you. Great unit and works very well with bass.

4. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    I'm interested in it, in fact, I was going to post a thread when I saw that one had already been posted. They're very expensive though, $200.
    I'd like to try one before settling anything. :)

5. I had the chance to try one, quickly.
    I usually use an EBS multicomp which is great, but the Blackfinger is a killer. I only did a few quick settings on it but it has a really great warm sound.You can get a lot of gain and the compression is really efficient, sometimes it can be hard compressed, but I couldn't try it longer to find THE sound (which is in the box,for sure!).It looks a bit fragile(EHX!!!:meh:).
    Anyway, it is my next purchase.

Hope this was some help!

6. Sammy

Sammy

Aug 31, 2000
    SoCal
    Here are some usefull reviews at Harmony Central, with a mix of new & vintage black fingers reviewed by Bassist & Guitarist.

Sam