Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Electro Harmonix Black Finger problems...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Count Jodius, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Count Jodius

Count Jodius

Jul 28, 2005
    Scotland
    Hey, hows everyone doing? I'm new to the site!

I've got a small problem with a EH Black Finger that I purchased from ebay yesterday. Firstly, there doesn't seem to be a great deal of a change in sound/compression when activated, only change in level and when the pre-gain is cranked up, a subtle overdrive. I decided to hook it up to my computer to see what it sounded like recorded, and it appears that there is only a level present on the left channel!

Does anyone have any idea why it might be doing this? I tried opening it up, and everything looks fine inside. Could it be that the valves need replacing?

Any feedback greatly appreciated!

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    plugging a mono effect into a stereo jack will get you a left channel only recording

3. atoni

atoni

Jan 23, 2004
    Helsinki, Finland
    Endorsing Artist: Salo Guitars
  4. Count Jodius

Count Jodius

Jul 28, 2005
    Scotland
    Thanks for the replies guys. See I thought that might be the case when plugging it into a computer, however when I plug my Big Muff Pi in, I get a nice equal level in both channels, and thats a "mono" effect too!

Thanks for the links atoni- I had a look at the Guitar Buyer link before I bought the pedal, haven't checked out the bass player one before though! Have you tried plugging yours into a computer/mixer before? Do you get this one channel thing going on with yours?

Cheers

J