1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Electro Harmonix: Octave Multiplexer

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Embryodead, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Embryodead

Embryodead Banned

Nov 30, 2005
    Providence, RI
    Anyone ever try one these out on bass? I just picked one up for 50 bucks on craigslist in amazing condition. Great little box for a nice Synthy tone, tracks VERY well compared to other things i've tried.

Seeing as it seems to be made for Guitar it has a problem with anything under Low A it gets a little fidgety. Was wondering if anyone else has any experience with this pedal.

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    That's been my experience as well. Poor tracking below A ish. On the other hand, the POG at 6 times the price tracks darn near perfectly.

3. Embryodead

Embryodead Banned

Nov 30, 2005
    Providence, RI
    mm yeah, but my feeling is on the product if i'm using enough on the bass filter i don't have a problem playing my line an octave higher and get a better effect. Like you said the POG is 6 times the price but for 50 bucks this will work it's way onto the board i'm building. I was always a straight bass to amp player but since i've joined an electronica band i want to add my own feeling to it.

4. jucas

jucas

Dec 14, 2003
    Alberta
    I thought that the poor low tracking was kind of fun... THe glitchy warbles and crazyness with the drive switch (whatever it does) were part of the appeal. I had a friend with one a few years back that used it so much he was pretty good at abusing the thing to get the odd sounds when he wanted. Depending on what you mean by electronica, it could be a good thing.