1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Electro Harmonix power supplies micro pog

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by thefruitfarmer, Jul 27, 2012.

1. thefruitfarmer

thefruitfarmer

Feb 25, 2006
    Kent UK
    How fussy are they?

I have several pedals and they would be probably be happy with the Boss power supplies, Holy Grail plus, #1 Echo. The Small Clone has a 1/8th" jack input for the power and I think you can get a converter from the Boss to the little jack. All these pedals have 9v input written on them. I can probably run them all off one power brick or something.

I also have a Q-Tron+, which is 24v and I think needs its own power supply really.

The problem is with the micro pog, which despite saying 9v DC on the actual pedal, came with a 9.6v 200mA power supply.

So, would the micro pog be happy with a 9v power supply rather than a 9.6v?

I have searched and the answer would seem to be yes with any issues being the relatively high power draw of the micro pog.

HOwever, does anyone know anything about this 9.6v thing?

2. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    I used to run a micro POG off a one spot with no problems.

3. alec

alec

Feb 13, 2000
    Perth, Australia
    9.6v is not a problem for 9v pedals. In fact I think 9 really means 9.6?

But my EHX pedals are a bit picky about sharing a common ground. So I got a PowerFactor with isolated grounds.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I've never had a problem running my Micro Pog on a 1 Spot with a buttload of other pedals.

5. thefruitfarmer

thefruitfarmer

Feb 25, 2006
    Kent UK
    Sounds good thanks guys.