1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Electro Harmonix Question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TheMutt, Jun 6, 2007.

1. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    I have tried to search for this to no avail.:help:
    Recently, I opened up my Dr. Q to adjust the internal trimpot. It is one of the re-issues which has the green PCB that is hard-mounted to the control pot. I was able to adjust the trimpot with a bent up glasses screwdriver, but now the main potentiometer is coming loose. :bawl: It's not to the point that I can't turn the knob, but it is worrisome that it could eventually come loose and short out, possibly taking some of its neighbors with it. Does anyone have any experience with how you remove the knobs on these pedals so that I can get to the nut underneath to tighten it? :confused:

2. sonicvi

sonicvi

Jun 10, 2005
    Houston, TX
    you should be able to just pull the knob off.

3. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    Hmm... guess I'll give that a try when I get back from class. I was a bit afraid to pull on it because it wasn't coming off.

4. hansfranz

hansfranz

Jul 22, 2005
    Rocklin, CA
    I had to tighten the pots on my Frequency Analyzer, and the knobs are really tight, but they just pull off.

5. Old fogey trick no. 236:

Use a tea spoon to lever knobs off tight potentiometer shafts without damaging painted surfaces.

6. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    I used a pair of scissors, but close enough. Thanks for the help everyone! :D

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2021