Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Electro Harmonix "Small Clone"

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by PeaceFrog, Dec 31, 2005.

1. PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog

Aug 25, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hi,

I was looking at the small clone pedal as my next purchase for my rig, I was informed that this was a guitar pedal as opposed to bass. Is this pedal usable for Bass? If not, any recs on a chorus pedal would be great.

Thanks

2. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    It sounds great on bass, IMO. Very easy to use. I highly reccomend EHX pedals.

Graeme

3. Cougar207

Cougar207

Jun 17, 2005
    St. Charles, MO
    I use one too. It sounds great on bass. If you get one you'll need a 1/8" tip-positive dc adaptor to power it.

4. jumping on this "small clone is great for bass" bandwagon...i absolutely love it, and for the price u REALLY CANT go wrong

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Good for bass, I've used one in the past and loved it.

6. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I, too, have used one on bass and it sounded great.

7. i own one. an amazing pedal.

you will find that alot of guitar pedals sound great on bass. (big muff, guvnor, small clone, phase 90,etc). Infact, all my pedals i have now are guitar pedals, but they sound great on bass. Some pedals will suck low end from your sound though.

8. PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog

Aug 25, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Picked up the "Small Clone" and "Small Stone" today. They sound great through the Ampeg rig that I'm borrowing.

Thanks for the posts.

9. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Congrats. The Small Stone is awesome, I have it in my pedalboard currently, and I can't see myself parting with it, ever.

Graeme

10. Question: do them Small Clone and Small Stone pedals suck out any low-end?

11. I don't have any expericence with the small clone but I borrowed the small stone of a friend 6 months ago and it is now firmly fixed onto my pedal and it isnt going anywhere. I will have to buy him a new one soon I think. No bottom end loss but a slight overall volume boost in my experience.

12. The Small Clone won't suck your bass but when it is engaged at full depth the low end gets pretty wobbly at high oscillation rates.
    It sounds like sex through my overdriven V8 at slow rates though.

13. That's what I needed to know!!!! Thanks!
    I'll get one asap.

So are you in the V8-club yet?
    http://www.everlasting.be/V8

14. ahh, dammit, I've been meaning to sign up. I'm totally a mess lately, I will sign up ASAP.

15. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    Is there any volume boost or cut when engaging the Small Clone?

16. Cougar207

Cougar207

Jun 17, 2005
    St. Charles, MO
    I've noticed a slight drop in output when it's on, but not a lot.

17. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
  18. How's 'noise' and the Small Clone?

19. ive found theres no added noise at all. Just a beautiful sounding chorus

20. I'll join the chorus (I am so funny!) - the Small Stone just rules. It was my fave back in the 70s and I still use it every day today.