Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Electro Harmonix

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BazzMonkey, Jan 3, 2001.

1. BazzMonkey

BazzMonkey

Aug 25, 2000
    I'm curious, would a Polychorus work PERFECTLY fine with a Bass? or would it sound different or something...or not as good because its not a guitar.

I'm debating whether to get a Boss Chorus pedal or a Polychorus, (I know the poly chorus is a way higher quality pedal, but I'm not sure if it works for the bass all the way).

And what would be the Best EQ, DISTORTION, and Delay, or anything else you can think of for bass. (price doesn't matter, but preferably suggest stuff thats off the shelf, not custom)

2. soundofphysics

soundofphysics

Jul 17, 2000
    IMHO, i would save hte money and get the boss, the boss may not be as high quality, but it will save you money and they are still great. I actually made this same decision a lil while back and had decided i was better off with the boss, and so far it sounds pretty nice.

you can always bring oyur own bass into the shop and plug in to both and decide for yourself. Cause it might be worth the cash if you end up liking it a lot.

3. bassmanjck

bassmanjck

Jan 12, 2001
    Do yourself a favor. Take your bass down to the music store and play it through a Danelectro Cool Cat chorus pedal. This is a guitar pedal (and probably one of the best reasonably priced guitar chorus pedals at that), but it sounds absolutely beautiful with a bass. The range of chorus effects is huge and easy to control, and it doesn't effect the low end notes, only the highs.

I've had one on my pedal board for a while now, and I'm always amazed at how many nice sounds I can get out of it.

4. I have the Boss Bass Chorus and although the sound is really quite good (for guitar too) it's really noisy with the low filter which you need to set pretty high to keep your signal. At low rates you can almost get a pretty phase sweep effect which is a huge sound with some overdrive kicked in