1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Electro-Voice 12" cabinet

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by Josh Ginsburg, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Josh Ginsburg

Josh Ginsburg

Jun 20, 2002
    EV SX300 300 watt 12"speaker. Apparently Walter Woods recommends EV PA cabinets like this with his amps.

Full Range with horn. Dual 1/4" jacks. I used this with an Acoustic Image Clarus for about 4 months- it was definitely the best sounding cab, for my taste. (I tried quite a few) It has a very natural midrange unlike most electric bass speakers but isn't too boomy either. Very easy to carry around with a moulded handle I think it's around 45 lbs.

For specs and a pic goto EV's site at

http://www.telex.com/86256918004B505F/0/EDEC1373A136390486256B900080528A?Open&Highlight=2,sx300

These go for $550 new, I'll sell this for $400 or best reasonable offer, although I'd prefer not to ship- I'm in Brooklyn, NY.

Thanks,
    Josh

2. Josh Ginsburg

Josh Ginsburg

Jun 20, 2002
    Oh yeah, what's really nice about this cabinet is that they're pretty common- almost any sound man can get you one. So when you're on the road, bring your head and you've got the same setup as home. (Although most PA equipment is XLR- so just get an xlr- 1/4" adaptor first)

Josh