Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Electroharmonics Big Muff...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Skreeeboy, Jun 3, 2001.

1. Skreeeboy

Skreeeboy

May 31, 2001
    Japan
    I bought one of these about nine months ago, and it has a really weird battery compartment. It looks as if a double AA should snap into it, but the pedal actually requires the regular 9 volt battery. The 9 volt does not snap into it, instead you just have to attach the battery to the connector and then just chuck it inside where it is more or less free to bang around inside the pedal. Am I missing somthing? What am I doing wrong?

P.S.- Has anyone used this pedal while playing bass? What is your impression? Thanks!

2. Doomguy

Doomguy

Jun 12, 2001
    I have that pedal...I love it! Yeah, the Battery compartment IS wierd, the battery compartment cover is useless, I just throw it in....Do you have a wah pedal....I had a crybaby, and to this in conjunction with the sovtek just gives an awesome warm fuzzy tone!

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    The battery cover on mine has a two post thingy that I snap the 9 volt into. This is the NYC re-issue.

edit: Could you attach the battery with some duct tape to the battery cover, then put it back in there?