1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ElectroHarmonix mini bass synth pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ckaschuk87, May 14, 2012.

1. ckaschuk87

ckaschuk87

May 14, 2012
    Ok so I recently just bought the E-Harmonix mini bass synth pedal and it's too quiet. I'm kind of thinking that my "trigger" dial isn't working properly but I'm not sure. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

2. do you mean a bass micro synth?

3. ckaschuk87

ckaschuk87

May 14, 2012
    Yeah, my mistake. That's what I meant.

4. Phagor

Phagor

Mar 26, 2002
    London, UK
    You probably need to adjust the internal trim pot. Open the back and look for a trim pot called 'Gain Trim' or similar and tweak it with a small flat blade screwdriver.

5. ckaschuk87

ckaschuk87

May 14, 2012
    I appreciate your advice but I'm not very technical. What would the "trim pot" even look like?

6. vinnydbass

vinnydbass

Feb 4, 2008
    they usually look like a blue square with a gray knob that fits a small philips screwdriver.

7. What are your settings? Especially your stop freq?

8. ckaschuk87

ckaschuk87

May 14, 2012
    vinnydbass: thanks, I'm gonna try that.

I've messed around with the settings for a few hours already, it's definitely too quiet.

9. ckaschuk87

ckaschuk87

May 14, 2012
    So it turns out that you can't use this pedal with a daisy chain because it draws too much power. It needs it's own power supply. If I used it as the first pedal on the chain it would be much louder but it would cut out. When I used it on it's own, it worked perfectly. Thanks for everyone's help!