1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

electronic e-cigarettes

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tim Cole, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Tim Cole

Tim Cole Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Anyone have any experience with these? I've heard little, but am interested. Seems like a great way to break the disgusting habit, and still enjoy the deal without the health risks. What say you?

2. MadMan118

MadMan118

Jan 10, 2008
    Vallejo, CA
    Er..what?:eyebrow:

3. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Tim. Have you been smoking informational fields again? :eyebrow:

4. Just to make em mad, ROFLCOPTER

5. MadMan118

MadMan118

Jan 10, 2008
    Vallejo, CA
    Hmm I dunno, might be cheaper that the real thing, espeicaly with all the new taxes. Still sucking chemical is still not healthy.

6. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    As far as I understand it, its like a micro-vape.

I'll stick to my real cancer sticks, thank you very much.

7. Hi.

They seem to be illegal to be bought or sold here, but I'm still amazed by them.

LEDs and all, amazing ;). Great for preventing the passive smoking I'd guess.

And great for discretely smoking any alcohol soluble products...

Chemists please: propylene glycol? Doesn't that fall into the toxic/lethal alcohols category?

Regards
    Sam

8. Sign me up! I love smoking, but I don't do it often because it's so damn unhealthy.

So is this totally benign? Because if it is, I'd be down for sure.

9. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

I was reading the Guardian this week and there was an interview with the actress June Brown :

June-Brown-as-Dot-Cotton--001.

...and there was mention of her special "electric cigarettes" used in places where smoking is banned :

"The PR returns with the electronic cigarettes, as Brown is lighting up her second real one. "Can't you smoke your electric ones?"

"Oh, darling, you're not here, go outside, don't take any notice."

"If upstairs come down they'll shoot me."

"You'll not be shot, they'll shoot me. Just tell them it's me." Puffing away, she murmurs, "I tell everybody to say that, just blame me."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/apr/20/interview-june-brown-dot-cotton-eastenders

10. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    +1

11. Tim Cole

Tim Cole Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    To each their own, I just thought this looked like a way I could break my habit, and at least do away with the many negative aspects of smoking. The stink, lung damage, and risks.......

12. On a similar note: if someone invented a non-alcoholic beer that didn't taste like crap, I would never drink water again.

13. D Rokk

D Rokk Banned

Feb 19, 2009
    Delta Quadrant
    coors non alcoholic aint too bad

14. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    I will respectfully and wholeheartedly disagree.

Same thing with O'douls. Bleecchhh.

15. Since when does coors produce beer, alcoholic or not?

16. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Owned. :D

17. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Maybe it's a "generational" thing - when I was in my teens I didn't care what beer tasted like as long as I got drunk! In middle age I can actually taste the difference in nice German beers! ;)

18. I look at beer the way many people look at wine. While I'm not opposed to getting drunk on occasion, there is no finer drink than a pint of ale, porter, stout, and so forth. After having drank the good stuff for so long, 95% of noth american beers are just flavourless carbonated water to me. Though our microbreweries are slowly changing that, thankfully.

19. I can see how those E-cgis could be used for different purposes.