Electronic tuners for bass?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Elle, Mar 3, 2001.

1. Elle

Feb 25, 2001
    Does anyone know where I can cheaply get one of those electronic tuning machines that tell you how far off pitch your strings are? It's hard to explain what I mean because I don't know what it's called, so I apologise!! You plug it in somehow, pluck a string and then you tune your guitar until the needle on the dial gets to the top. Please help!
  2. You mean a tuner? At first I read the title and thought it was about the Hipshot Bass Xtender keys again or something. :p
    Anyway, you should be able to get one where you got your bass. If they don't have them...then...that's pretty sad... :p
  3. wherever instruments are sold, pretty much. you can get them pretty cheap. i have a "quiktune" one that works fine and was probably $12 or something.
  4. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

You can also get them online from:

They have a Korg chromatic tuner for $19.98. Korg is a very reliable brand. I have a Korg that is ten years old and going strong.

Chromatic tuners have every note rather than just E,A,D,G. That is very helpful if you switch to a five or six string bass or if your band tunes down a half step or more.

5. Korg and Seiko tuners are cheap and efficient, also Boss.