1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Electronic tuners for bass?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Elle, Mar 3, 2001.

1. Elle

Elle

Feb 25, 2001
    England
    Does anyone know where I can cheaply get one of those electronic tuning machines that tell you how far off pitch your strings are? It's hard to explain what I mean because I don't know what it's called, so I apologise!! You plug it in somehow, pluck a string and then you tune your guitar until the needle on the dial gets to the top. Please help!

2. You mean a tuner? At first I read the title and thought it was about the Hipshot Bass Xtender keys again or something. :p
    Anyway, you should be able to get one where you got your bass. If they don't have them...then...that's pretty sad... :p

3. wherever instruments are sold, pretty much. you can get them pretty cheap. i have a "quiktune" one that works fine and was probably $12 or something.

4. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

You can also get them online from:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com

They have a Korg chromatic tuner for $19.98. Korg is a very reliable brand. I have a Korg that is ten years old and going strong.

Chromatic tuners have every note rather than just E,A,D,G. That is very helpful if you switch to a five or six string bass or if your band tunes down a half step or more.

JO

5. Korg and Seiko tuners are cheap and efficient, also Boss.