Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Electronics compartment/routing/Stew Mac question

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Basschair, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Basschair

Basschair .............. Staff Member Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    Hello again,

I've got the OBP-3 electronics with a 5-pot, 1 switch configuration, plus 2 batteries. I'd like to order a compartment cover and rout the cavity in the next week, but am wondering if anyone has used the cover that Stew Mac carries. If yes, do you think that it could fit a cavity big enough for these electronics, or will I need to fabricate a cover on my own and cut a larger cavity? Thanks!

2. tjclem

tjclem Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Owner and builder Clementbass
    I have the stew-mac routing set it is pretty big but I wouldn't know how to answer your question. It would be tough to tell without having it right in front of you......t

3. I used the stew mac templates for my last bass, it was not big enough for 2 stacked + 1 pot, a switch and an output jack plus all the preamp modules of a bart NTMB. It's better to make your own. Use a computer program to draw the cavity + cover templates and cut to size after adhering the paper to template material.

4. Basschair

Basschair .............. Staff Member Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca

Thanks man, you're saving me some cash.