1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Electronics projects for kids/beginners. Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MGR, Dec 19, 2016.

1. MGR

MGR Inactive

Jan 18, 2015
    Bronx, NY
    Just had a convo with my kid about electronics and he is interested in learning to solder and build basic electronics and effects. He's 9 so I think he can handle the very basics. He's very artistic and coordinated. The only issue is I have no idea how to start him off. Does anyone have any suggestions for basic learning kits for kids, and also what tools will be needed to get him started?

Thanks in advance!

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

Build a theremin. The circuit is simple enough and it's a fun toy that will last long.

If you want even simpler you can do a friendstrument. Musically limited but funny and you can easily decorate the box.

MGR likes this.
  3. Tourniquet Man

Tourniquet Man

Jun 12, 2015
    If you wanna build a pedal MGR just come out with it...

MGR likes this.
  4. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

I came here to suggest one of those electric stick in a maze games, the glorified Operation ones, but the linked kits above look WAY cooler.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021