1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ElectroniX and Hurricane Ike

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by musicelectronix, Sep 16, 2008.

1. musicelectronix

musicelectronix

Jul 8, 2007
    Hüstın, TX
    Lead Designer, Zeibek Boutique Pedals
    If this is the wrong forum, please move where appropriate as I don't have time to think about that.

As you know, southeast TX has been dealing with the damage done by hurricane Ike. I am just writing to let you guys know where ElectoniX stands, especially if we have business with open lines.

The shop do not have water damage, but suffered from wind damade. The components are everywhere! We don't have power since 2.00am saturday and it has been said that it might take up to 3 weeks to reconnect power. Naturally, we can not operate under these conditions. Any order that had been placed before last wednesday never made it out the shop and this may be true for some orders placed as early as Monday, especially if they are international orders.

I am sorry for the inconvenience, if you have any questions or concerns or willing to cancel your order; please send an e-mail to info@musicelectronix.com . I can not promise anyone can respond soon, as I am writing this message from a helpful person's computer and I am not sure when I can find another oppurtunity to check e-mails again.

Os

2. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    best of luck man. hang in there!

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Oh man, Os! I'm sorry to hear it hit you so hard. Wishing you well.

4. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    Glad to hear that the damage wasn't too severe! I wish you the best of luck in getting the shop back up and running, and being able to make those sweet sweet pedals.

5. andvari7

andvari7

Aug 28, 2004
    Ennui
    Aw, jeez. I am sorry to hear that. I'm sure I'm not the first person to wish for a speedy recovery, but I had damn well better not be the last (to do otherwise is a bit of a d*** move, really).

6. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth ¡No me gustan mis pantalones!

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    Damn.

May you land on your feet in short order, sir.

And may the [edited for television] fairy visit you, as a matter of recompense.

7. Guest043

Guest043 Guest

Apr 8, 2008
    really unfourtunate..best of luck.

8. selfblessed

selfblessed

Dec 29, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Good Luck there Sir. Didn't you just move there?

9. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Send out a prayer, my friend. I know how hard these hurricanes can be.

10. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    Os I was just pondering the wonderfullness of my Submarine and Messdrive a few moments ago, and then I saw your post. Sending positive energy your way and I hope you get back on your feet soon.

11. Akeris

Akeris

Jul 23, 2006
    New Jersey
    :( That sucks, man.

Best of luck!

12. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    It's good to hear that you're safe bro.

13. toytech

toytech

Mar 22, 2004
    San Leandro
    be safe man, I was just playing with my messdrive a few minutes ago too.

14. fenderphil

fenderphil

Sep 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    cool pedals!!!

15. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    +1. Hope you get things back up soon :D

16. B.C.

B.C. Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    Hey Os, best of luck my friend. Glad you are ok and have no serious damage. Hope everything gets better from here! :)

17. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    If I was remotely near, I'd offer to help with the cleanup, but I guess I'll just have to send out some thoughts instead. Good luck!

18. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I have freinds in Galveston who may have lost everything. What a storm, sorry anyone would have to deal with that. Best of luck.

19. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Man, sorry to hear that. Hope you get everything back to normal there. Sending some prayers your way as well. Keep us posted.

20. Os, we're still reeling from the leftovers of Ike up here in Kentucky. It swept through here Sunday and knocked out power to 340,000 people in Louisville and tore things up pretty bad. It carried Category 1 winds even way up here, I can only imagine what it did down there.

Hang in there, hope things get worked out soon. The utilities company here has told my dad that it may be two weeks before he has electricity again.