1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

electronix starship/starblaster buffer

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by UnDoNe, Mar 9, 2008.

1. UnDoNe

UnDoNe

Dec 6, 2002
    UK
    hello. with all this talk of buffers and all that, i had a quick look around and found these for very cheap! has anyone used one? like it?

my proposed pedalboard would be...

dha vt2
    some kind of buffer
    meatwad or somekind of filter
    tu-2

does this seem logical? i'm running about 30 feet of leads from bass to board to amp

thanks electronics folks

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The TU-2 contains a buffer already. :) No need for another.

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    IMHO: The TU-2 contains a pretty average buffer. Personally I'd keep it out of the signal chain all together with an a/b box (http://www.redonionsolutions.co.uk/) and use a good buffer - something like the Axess or Lovepedal versions :)

4. UnDoNe

UnDoNe

Dec 6, 2002
    UK
    many thanks!

5. UnDoNe

UnDoNe

Dec 6, 2002
    UK
    after looking at red onion, can you tell me what the difference is between an a-b box and a tuner mute? surely they do the same thing?

6. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Yeah, they're effectively the same thing. One input, two outputs "A" and "B". Pressing the footswitch mutes A and activates B.

7. UnDoNe

UnDoNe

Dec 6, 2002
    UK
    ok, cheers brother