ElectroniX Submarine MKI - FT

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by tlaubs, Oct 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tlaubs

tlaubs Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2010
    St. Louis
    I have a ElectroniX Submarine up for trade. It is the first version without the switch, and does not have the graphics, but works and sounds great.

Really just looking for trades right now and am open to about anything...filters, fuzz, Jazz pickups, would love to try an EHX freeze who knows.

2. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Free bump. Somebody take this sweet pedal that is virtually legendary status now.

3. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Are you sure it's MkI and not MkII? Both did not have the switch. Actually, MkI, MkII and MkIII did not have the switch. MkIV was when the switch was introduced. The difference between I and II are pretty big tonally. I is deeper, fatter, more tube like. II is more modern sounding, but still fat. III adds some mods that allow it to work better with higher gain basses. IV adds the UltraBass switch.

Since it's missing the graphics it is likely my old MkII, but we'd have to trace the ownership trail.

I'm interested but it's hard to come up with a trade when it's so open ended. If you decide on a straight sale, let me know. I have a cajita stomp boxes clone on the way and I'd love to A/B them.

4. tlaubs

tlaubs Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2010
    St. Louis
    I will have to look inside again when i get home, but I think the date was 2007 if that helps in determining the age.

5. RichSnyder

Jun 19, 2003
    That's probably a MkII from the date. I was never into filters or fuzzes, so not much to offer in the way of trades. Anything else you're looking for?

6. tlaubs

tlaubs Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2010
    St. Louis
    I really am pretty open to anything, PM me with what you have on the trading block...not trying to be vague, just not sure what I want until it comes up

7. Vlad5

Vlad5 Chronic Knob Twiddling Tone Chaser

Feb 17, 2011
    New England
    If you would, a photo of both the outside top, and inside back (where the manufacturing info is) would help tremendously.

Some here don't like the first version, while others may be looking for it specifically, and may be disappointed to find out yours is v.2 after they buy it (or vise verse)...

I myself am less picky, so post some picks and get ready for some trade offers!

8. tlaubs

tlaubs Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2010
    St. Louis
  9. cyprus

cyprus

Apr 23, 2007
    PM sent.

10. tlaubs

tlaubs Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2010
    St. Louis
    bump

11. RichSnyder

Jun 19, 2003
    What kind of paint was used for the footprint? Didn't expect that from the original description. Thanks.

12. tlaubs

tlaubs Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2010
    St. Louis
    My fault, I explained the footprint when I tried to post pictures. But since I could not get the pictures to show up, I deleated the post rather than have red "X"s and put up a link.

Anyway, the paint is a childrens washable paint and is a footprint of my son's. It comes off with a damp rag, I just did not want to wipe it off untill I knew it was going out the door.

If need be, I can wipe it off and take a picture to show it plain yellow.

Thanks for catching that.

13. Essthreetee

Essthreetee

Aug 19, 2007
    Visalia, CA
    oh man...I Love the footprint!!!! I wish my kids were still small enough, Inwould do that to mine.

14. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    I want it. PM coming.

15. tlaubs

tlaubs Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2010
    St. Louis
    up

16. Essthreetee

Essthreetee

Aug 19, 2007
    Visalia, CA
    I cant believe this is still here:eek:

17. RichSnyder

Jun 19, 2003
    Trades are hard to do, IME.

18. tlaubs

tlaubs Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2010
    St. Louis
    Up for trade offers before listing sale price

19. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Has it been established if this is a I or a II?

Did they actually ever come with no graphics or has this one been rubbed off?

And how do I find out if I have a mkI or mkII?

20. RichSnyder

Jun 19, 2003
    PM sent

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.