1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

electronix submarine...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by short_steve277, Sep 23, 2008.

1. i have been looking into this pedal and just wondering what are your thoughts on it...

i am looking to make my clean tone sound better and more fuller with my band using my fender jazz highway one...

2. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    Yes. Get it.

You can get a boost in a way that doesn't stomp all over the rest of the band so that you are louder/fuller/stronger/better.

3. Strongjag

Strongjag

Aug 14, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Beards.
    Its one of my faves. Don't use it much with my precision since its fat enough but with my sterling its ALWAYS on. Very nice.

4. mrkreuzschlitz

mrkreuzschlitz

Jun 30, 2008
    Dacula, GA
    I'm thinking about it too.
    It looks REALLY purty.
    ;)

5. ok, thanks for the recommendation...

i think i shall get it but it will cost me 106 bucks with the aussie dollar at the moment...

i will try and get it second hand or wait for the aussie dollar to get better with the US

6. Don't let it's simplicity throw you off that is one complex little beast, lots of great bass tones on that one knob and mucho boost. The Submarine is my go to preamp live for several of my basses that need some help in the tone and volume department. I also use it as a recording preamp in some situations preferring the sound of the Submarine over other available options. In one studio the owner engineer prefers the bass tones of my Submarine/Countryman type 85 combo over his top of the line mic pre, a Manley VoxBox.