1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Electronix/Zeibek GeminiDrive II comparable...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Gus Borden, Nov 6, 2010.

1. So I own an Electronix GeminiDrive II - which is similar to saying that I have an unreliable box if fried circuits and such.

Bought it, loved it, it fries every time I plug it into a pedal power supply. So while I embark upon getting this whole thing rectified with Os (Which will be a tall tale I am sure), I am looking for a suitable replacement.

Does anyone know of a pedal that has similar sound and controls/features? Clean/Dirty blend, gain, tone...

If you have any suggestions, I am all ears --- thanks!

2. Nobody has a suggestion?

3. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    It doesn't have the same controls, but the JHS Low Drive is going to be my attempt.

4. You'll have to do clips. I am probably going to order a Wren & Cuff Pickle Pie B next week. Sound seems solid and it has a blend, so I am curious.

5. t3ch

t3ch

Nov 17, 2007
    DC
    I loved my modified Sparkle Drive.

6. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    I have both, and they are no where near the same. The Gemini is a overdrive that can touch fuzz territory, but the Pickle Pie is a skull smashing muff based fuzz through and through. You can't clean it up at all, very unlike the Gemini.

I like to run my Gemini as my always on pedal, and my Pickle Pie for sustaining doomy fuzz if that helps.

7. BIG +1

They are both killer pedals (my go-to fuzz and OD), but where as the GeminiDrive can go from VERY light distortion (warm and such, very subtle break up) to crunchy fuzzy OD, the Pickle Pie B is a fuzz from the start...well fuzztortion really. I use it with the saturation knob at about 9 o'clock, and it is still pretty heavy/doomy. YMMV

P.S. If you thought the Gnomeratron was too aggressive for you, then the Pickle Pie B will be too, though I prefer the Pickle Pie B more. Have you heard/tried the HAO Rust Ride? It is a great light drive pedal. It doesn't have the clean blend, but it is such a well balanced distortion that you don't need one.