1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Elementary through Highschool classmate died today

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BKuettel, Jun 28, 2012.

1. BKuettel

BKuettel

Apr 8, 2011
    Oneonta, NY
    I went to a really small school, like 30 people in our grade. I found out today that one of them died in a really bad car accident. She was 19 years old.

It got me thinking. My mom had one of her classmates die in a car accident too when they were only 20. It seem as if there is always that one person from your graduating class that turns out to be this person. Its crazy that you've grown up with these people and spend days withdrew them and now they are just gone. Forever and never to return.

Im not sure why I posted this, but its just a wierd thought to me. Like it should never happen because it happens quite often. Anyway, my prayers are with her and her family.

2. Illini10

Illini10

May 15, 2012
    Elmwood, IL
    I've been out of high school for 16 years now and at four of my classmates, or kids I was close in age to, have died due to car accidents, cancer, suicide and complications from diabetes.

One of my brother's classmates ODed and another was killed in action in Iraq.

It happens, and the longer you live the fewer people you'll have at your high school reunions.

Sorry for the loss of your friend.

3. Unfortunately, statistically a lot of people you went to high school with will die young.

One of my good friends was killed by a drunk driver when we were around the same age you are now. Of the people I know/knew of, about 7 people I graduated with have passed on. That's unfortunately a big number considering I'm only 25.

4. Sorry to hear that, it is almost a cruel right of passage that, even if you aren't close to them, it'll hurt & shock you. Certainly makes you appreciate your own mortality. Too many people I knew from high school have passed in the 9 years since I left.

Brain tumor, infection post-heart op, cycstic fibrosis, car accidents (a few in the car, one hit by a car), suicides (too many) & drownings

Been an unlucky range. Though I hear what is being said about car crashes, each year seems to have at least one kid wiping themselves out during or just after school.

5. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
  6. Truktek2

Truktek2

Sep 5, 2008
    Queens, NY
    During my freshman orientation at highschool the dean gave us a lecture on safety and responsibilty and said look around you, by the end of senior year one of you will not be here. Two of my schoolmates died before graduation. That speech always stuck with me.

7. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

There's only one person I know whom I attended high school with that has died in a car accident.

More folks sadly, in my circle of friends have committed suicide in past years than have had any other misfortunes.

8. My class graduated in 1968, and one member was found dead in his room at college the following year. As far as I know, it was natural causes. This always seemed much too early. He was a good guy.

9. We got a similar talk in high school on the first day of Driver Education class. Teacher told us that at least one person in our class would die in a car accident. Wouldn't you know it... the guy sitting across the aisle from me died in a car accident halfway through the semester.