1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Elevating bass cab/Homemade case.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sharp5, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Sharp5

Sharp5

Dec 6, 2014
    Eastern NC
    Started to write this question in another post but realized I might be hijacking.

What do you guys think of this:

I'm thinking of build a basic box to place my 112 cab as a case for transport. Then using the case as a stand to get the cab off the ground. Would you use one case and place both cabs on top of each other. One cab then case then cab, separating the two and getting the top cab closer to the ear?

Was thinking of using 1/2 ply with box joints on all sides. Or 1/8 luan with one layer of fiberglass and epoxy. Idea is for them to be light.

2. High Camp

High Camp

Oct 3, 2013
    Netherlands
    I would place the case on the bottom and on top both cabs (or the cab on top if you have one).
    The ideal measurements I don't know or thickness of the wood, there must be a thread about....
    (or You Tube or something else...)

iualum likes this.
  3. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    Stand on bottom ... then one cab ... then the other cab.

4. Sharp5

Sharp5

Dec 6, 2014
    Eastern NC
    Thanks.

5. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    iualum likes this.
  6. allredtillblue

allredtillblue Banned

Mar 27, 2015
    I would try both before sticking with one or the other. I've been considering this for a bit too and I always come back to the notion that the floor should be having something directly shaking it if possible. Do both and report the observations of people standing out in "the crowd area" here.

7. Sharp5

Sharp5

Dec 6, 2014
    Eastern NC
    Thanks I saw that link before and got some ideas.

8. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    beans-on-toast likes this.
  9. My preferred stand to elevate one of my Acme B2 cabinets is a second Acme B2 :D

iualum likes this.