Elites all the way....

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by ZenBass, Nov 25, 2003.

1. I used Elites for about two years constantly and loved them...

Had to switch to Rotosound and D'darrio's
    and still lusted after elites, now ive found a site that is cheap and great....

Elites give such a bright tone and when they age give a great tight punchy last sound, and unlike rotosounds, stay an constant tention....

Great Strings.. would use nething else
  2. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I used Elites once and liked them. However, they're very hard, if not impossible, to find over here in the Colonies.
  3. Yeah, they're surely one of the best strings around. Wonder who makes them?

4. I was a Rotosound fan. Tried Elites - thought they were OK, but within a few weeks, I managed to break 2 E strings (.105) on different basses (actually playing the same song). Back on Rotosound, and never likely to use Elites again....

I've never broken any other bass strings in about 15 years of playing. These breakages were 1 week apart at our weekly practise....disappointing!
  5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Elites are made in London England, for the Bass Centre's warehouse - House Music.

I don't like them - every time I buy a bass or have it set up there - they put a new set on and I just have to take them off and put some nice D'Addario Slowounds on!!

I've thrown away more sets than I've ever bought !!

Too scratchy for me!! :meh:
  6. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003