elites strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by mat gregory, Dec 27, 2004.

1. put a set on my bass ,theyre terrible , 105-45 same as the rotosounds i had before but the action of my bass has lifted higher than the proverbial kite and the A makes a horrible buzzing racket , i wouldnt recomend these , back to rotosiund for me.
  2. Weird. My Gran gave me a set of Rotosounds for my 6-string, and they don't seem to feel as nice as Elites used to on my 4-string (strange comparison I know...). Did you get the Elites Stadiums or Players? For what it's worth, I always felt the Players seemed to have a nicer feel, tone and durability than the Stadiums, but meh.

Have you altered the set-up at all apart from changing the strings?
  3. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I've only tried Elites once, as they're pretty much unavailable here in the States, but I thought they were pretty cool.
  4. i got stadiums even when i adjusted the truss rod of my bass
    to compensate they still didnt feel as "whippy" as rotosounds, they look like a heavier gauge as well , il keep them for a while but back to Rotosound i think.
  5. cowsgomoo

cowsgomoo gone to Longstanton Spice Museum

Feb 8, 2003
    elites used to be great, but i'll never buy another set again... after using them for years with no problems at all, I got 2 consecutive sets (from different places) with one string from each set buzzing and dead from right out of the packet

also, their long scale 105-45's now have the E string so long that there's literally an inch of thick E string wound round my P-Bass's tuning post... wheras before, the 'silk wrap/string end interface part' (you know what i mean) would sit well right between the nut and the tuning peg.. the E string felt dead right out of the packet, I'm presuming as a result of the outer core being stretched away from the inner as it's pulled round the peg.. I know they have to take into account string-thru body bridges etc, but it's a P-Bass for heaven's sake!! it's not like it's some unusual size or anything

elites used to be fantastic, but they've lost my business
  6. +1 about the E string
  7. dood

Dec 9, 2004
    sitting down,facingforward..UK
    Endorsements: Shuker Guitars, Dingwall Designer Guitars, D'Addario, Planet Waves, Barefaced Bass
    I'm in the UK.. When Elites started sticking the extra long string in, apparently it was after they accidently made about 2000 sets with a tapered B by mistake.
    So I kept getting random sets with 'too long' non tapered, or crap tapered B strings in my sets..

Now, I usually give people a chance to explain themselves, but the attitude I got from 'House Music/Elites' when I spoke directly to them was enough to put me off for good.

Oh, and the strings were only 'ok' anyway.. but they were the cheapest.

They lost my business v quickly.