Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

elitist eb-3

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by steve-o, Oct 10, 2003.

1. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    has anyone ever played one or own one?
    short scale. usa hardware and pups.

im getting one next week in trade.
    what do you guys think about the eb-3's?
    im going to us this bass in my post hardcore screamo type band..

thanks
    steve

2. What kinda trade are you doing Steve?

I like the vibe of these basses. A little costly if you want my honest opinion!

The EB-3 is a bass classic, made famous by Jack Bruce, with its SG-style body in bookmatched mahogany, a full-scale neck, a USA humbucker at the neck, and USA mini-humbucker at the bridge.
    [​IMG]

REVIEWS HERE

[​IMG]
    Treena

3. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    actually this one is the short scale length like the originals.
    and a marcus miller jazz fr it

steve

4. Wow, seem like atrade down, or do you prefer the EB basses over the Marcus Miller Jazz signature bass?

I love Fender.......that's why I ask!

REVIEWS HERE

This is the short scale version.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Treena

5. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i really don't like the sound of it...i like my sterling alot more...and im up for something different. they are selling for about the same price used

steve

(edit for spelling)

6. Sterlings are great souding basses. You'll have hard time finding a bass that sounds as good as your sterling.

[​IMG]
    Treena

7. Ahh, treena, the one steve-o is talkin about is the elitist EB-3, not the cheap long scale version. the Elitist lists for $1460, and MF sells them for $879

Bass

8. Yes, I saw that.......thank you!

[​IMG]
    Treena

9. yeah, I should have read your posts more, I didn't go to the reviews that you sent him to (which were reviews for the elitist)

:oops:

10. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    dunno have u played many short scales. I play that kind of music and i cant play a short scale neck at all. You should think about the trade cuz i would think a jazz would sound better in that setting than a eb-3 would. Maybe change the pickups or sumthing in the marcus miller?

11. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    Im just going to try it out...why couldn't you use it? i didn't like like the way the jazz fit

steve

12. corinpills

corinpills

Nov 19, 2000
    Boston, MA
    In my personal experience, switching to a radically different feeling instrument (from a Fender style neck to a short scale Gibson neck) can have a really positive effect on one's playing. Too often, we fall into an endles cycle of repeating ourselves and trying to sound like evryone else. There are plenty of cats out there playing Jazz basses with their thumbs anchored on the bridge pickup. Maybe this will force you to find a differnt paert of your playing to use.