Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Elixer's gift *Spoiler*

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by KeithBMI, Jan 28, 2006.

1. For those of you who participated in the Elixer string trial, you'll be getting a purple mug.

One that is made of steel and keeps your liquids cold/hot.

Not bad.

Thanks to Elixer not only for the gift, but for letting me try out something new.

2. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Maybe I shoudl have sent the strings back...I almost feel bad now, because well, they sent me strings hopin to get em back, ya know?

I don't know what happened to the package envelope...my mom probalby threw it out when cleaning out my room.

3. metalguy2

metalguy2

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    I got a purple mug.. It makes me want a bigger one. I drink coffee in the morning and I would like to be able to have way more!!!

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    That's cool. I kinda feel bad that I really didn't like them, and I'm getting a free mug from it.

5. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    I doubt very much Elixir would want a survey where people sent in false positives in return for swag. ;)

I got my mug last week (blue) and was very happy at the quality, but am I the only person whose logo has pretty much washed off after only two washing? Weakest. Logo. EVER. :D

6. metalguy2

metalguy2

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    I highly doubt that the company wanted you to kiss thier ass. In a perfect world the mug would have made it to the doorsteps of all the people who gave "like whoa" negative feeback. You know... advice on how to make non believer's buy into thier product by fixing the real problems..

While they do want to hear that the strings are the best on in the world. Being realistic they know a small percentage of people actually believe this. What better way to gain helpful feedback and some potential customers by sending out free strings.

Trust me.... The mug isn't THAT free.

7. GSRLessard14

GSRLessard14 All-Things-Claypool Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2005
    Newington, CT
    i wonder where my set of strings are...

8. haha i think that is what happened to me too
    my G string broke :-(

9. pepsican

pepsican

Oct 23, 2004
    iowa
    I got my strings and instead of getting the normal EADG set, I recieved EDDG. I sent them back the next day. I took off a pretty fresh pair of strings to put these on too, so I had to go and pick up a new set (not elixer obviously) once I figured out the strings werent correct. Considering almost every store I've been to has a no return policy on strings, I would have been a bit angry if I had paid for them, and it was a little lame I had to buy new strings. I wont be getting the free mug either, I moved from that adress awhile ago. All things considering, it was still really cool they offered this promotion even though I had some really bad luck. I had always wanted to try them, but now I probably won't.

10. clavefa

clavefa Te Traigo El Tumbao

I haven't recieved my gift yet , i guess i won't be to disapointed when or if i get it i have a shelf full of unused mugs.:smug:

11. svtb15

svtb15 Commercial User

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig
    i got a blue mug.. it matches my Alleva Coppolo, Lake Placid Blue LG5 string... how did they know.........hhaha
    i actually liked their 5 string set and bought a set recently to put on my sadowsky.... they do last a long time,thats for sure.