Elixers Nanoweb Strings Review

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by ch3ck3rs, Jul 24, 2004.

1. ch3ck3rs

Feb 8, 2004
    by far the best strings ive played. they sound broken in right outta the box, and the tone is oh-so-sweet. they are EXTREMELY easy on the hands and slick to the touch, but have all the zing and sing that roundwounds are supposed to have. yes they are pricey, but if you havent tried them, you wouldnt understand.
    definite two thumbs up, definite repeat purchase in the future. :bassist:
  2. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I've had a set on my F Bass for several months. It's been so long that I've lost track. maybe since March 2004. It's July and they still sound great! they sound like a new set of broken-in round wounds. you know, like a brand new set that's been played through a couple of gigs.
  3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA

Ive had a set on my Godin since February. Just ordered another set, and the set on the bass is still good, so im probably going to try the old on my Essex fretless (just to see how they sound).

Great strings though. Slightly slick feel, i dont get blisters with these strings. Easier on the hands definitely. Last for a long time, they jsut get dirty looking, like normal strings. But the dirt is all on the coating so it doesnt matter.

Rigght from the beginning they sounded broken in but not dead. They gradually got a little more broken in feeling and then stopped aging in sound at a nice point. Still have nice tone.