1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Elixers, or something with their life?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by iplaybassguitar, Jul 31, 2007.

1. hey all, my last 4 or 5 sets of strings have all been elixers, i just love them soo much because you never have to change them, they last forever, and always have that nice bright tone, but now i have no where to get them. my local store doesnt carry them, and guitar center doesnt sell them anymore because they wanted to sell them for cheaper than elixer would allow.

my question is, does anyone know of any comprable srtings? i want something that lasts longer than the average string and retains its brightness for just as long. i know elixers had a nano-web coating, are they the only string with this?

oh and something that comes in six string sets too.

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
  3. bkief1

bkief1

Dec 25, 2005
    I was formerly an Elixir user (Nanowebs), and now all of my electric basses and guitars (except for my short scale bass) are strung with Snake Oils. You can get them at this website. Very long lasting...I love 'em! Very long life and great tone throughout the life of the string.
    www.sobstrings.net

NOTE: I am not affiliated with this company, just a satisfied user of their products.

4. it appears these strings only come in sets of 4...i play a 6er.

5. ExaltBass

ExaltBass Gold Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    I LOVE my 'lixers! I get 'em on the 'bay

6. Oh lawd... is this for real???

SNAKE OIL???

Isn't that the technical description for Elixir's nanoweb thingy?
    :bag:

7. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    From the page itself:

8. oopsie. thanks man i appreciate it.