Elixir, DR High Beams, or DM SR2000??

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Obsolex, May 9, 2003.

1. Elixir!!

7 vote(s)
  2. DR High Beams!!

13 vote(s)
  3. DM SR2000!!

4 vote(s)
  4. Stick with the slinky's!!

1 vote(s)
  1. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    Ok, i'm sick of my Ernie Ball Super Slink 5's dishing out its "NEW" sound, for only like a day or two, then falling flat... So i've tried only Elixirs assides from the EB's, I loved them... What do you reccomend? _-soto-_

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    By far the best sounding, and longest lasting strings I have used would have to be Fodera Diamond series. They are killer. Bright sounding, but not harsh, and last a really long time. Check them out!
  3. I used to use Elixir's, and I have to say they last practically forever! I had a pair on my bass for about 5 months, and took them off for somereason, and held on to them for backups, and lent the E to a friend of mine, and he is known for breaking E's. And about a week ago he said he took it off his bass because it was annoying looking(because it was peeling). So they last a wicked long time, and they don't go dead for quite some time. PLus they are easieron the fingers and fret's, fretboards.
  4. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I find strings to be rather "instrument specific." Some work great on some basses and others on other basses. All three of the string types in your poll are very good. It boils down to your bass, your sonic preferences, etc.

I agree with the two above, also. Fodera Diamonds are great strings, as are Elixirs.
  5. fourfinger

Apr 17, 2003
    Central Ohio
    I was shocked how long Elixirs last. I find them to be a tremendous bargain in the long run. I like the way they sound on all 3 of my basses. I don't have anything bad to say about the other strings mentioned, but I really like my Elixirs.
  6. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I was also amazed as to how long the Elixirs lasted. But, I didn't love them as much as the DRs I'd been using for so long, so I switched back...and haven't regretted it.