1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Elixir Gauge on Stock Ibanez Basses?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Maladroit1, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Maladroit1

Maladroit1

Jul 7, 2004
    St. Louis
    Title pretty much sums it up. I like the feel of the Elixirs on my SR500 and want to get more for my other basses but am not sure which gauge they are. Looks like there are Soft, Light, Super Light, Medium, and Heavy available. Anyone know which ones they use? Thanks!

EDIT: In case anyone was looking for this info, I read on another board that they are Elixir Nanoweb Mediums. At least on the SR500 anyway.

2. Ampeg SVT

Ampeg SVT Son, I am disappoint.

Mediums I believe.

3. My SR400, and the rest come with .045 / .065 / .085 / .105 Elixirs. I have that same set just sitting around that I took off my SR400QM after about 3 1/2 weeks, and put some brighter SIT Powerwounds on it. They're flaking (I use a pick - always), but theres no change in sound.

4. My K5 came with .045 / .065 / .085 / .105 / .130Tw Elixirs

ordered the same and restrung and they slotted right into the same setup as original...

I think theres a document you can download (downloaded last year so not sure if its still there) that has the gauges, plus the string height, how to set intonation, what the bridges look like and what the EQ controls on the whole range of bass's are...