Elixir Nano Web: Worth the money?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by lo-end, Jul 25, 2001.

1. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    I am interested in these expensive strings. Does anyone use them and have anything to say about them? All I have to say is it would be a shame to break one while putting them on... $60 down the drain.
  2. Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    I've never used them but I think Musician's Friend is having a liquidation sale for $20 a pack. Save a few bucks.
  3. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    I've used the polyweb for a couple of years now and I really like them. I'm on my first set of the nanowebs on my fretted bass and they are brighter than the poly's. the polys last for ever, we'll see how long the nano's last. I suspect they will last nearly as long.

$20 a set eh...?
  4. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I use the Nano's on both my Musicman basses, 'Ray and Ray 5. I absolutely think they're worth the money. They sound great and last forever. I've heard they're not good for pick players but I have no evidence since I'm a fingerstyle/slap player.
  5. I'm diggin mine. They are standing the test of time. Really help with cutting through. Not the absolute best sounding strings for me, but I can totally appriciate the longevity! A month now, and they sound as good as new.

And don't break strings while putting them on. There, simple fix:)