Elixir NanoWeb

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Peter Parker, Jan 8, 2002.

1. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Anyone have any opinions on these? If you like them what styles of music do you play and on what bass. Thanks.
  2. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    I've used them and the PolyWeb. I like the Polyweb better. I play rock, fingerstyle. The Nanos are indeed a bit brighter out of the box, but they end up going dead a little earlier since the wrapping is thinner. Also, I think the Nanos are a lot slipperier - the Polys were just a little slippery, which was an added bonus. The Nanos however started off so slippery that my fingers would slide off them and hit the fretboard! Definitely annoying. I had to take a screwdriver and chew one of them up a little so I could play the next day. :)

My high-C is a Poly that's been on there since February 2001, and it still sounds good (I use that string the least, but normal strings can go dead just sitting there anyway). The Nanos on the rest are about 2 months old and I need to change them. Before that, I left Polys on for about 3 or 4 months.
  3. i got them about a month ago, mostly because they were the only .110 gauge 4-strings they had in stock (we play dropped-C) im in a "hardcore emo" :confused: band, but by myself i play tool and mudvayne mostly. the strings are great if you turn the trbble up to get that gravelly growl if you finger them or pick them hard, but sound like buttah with the tone all the way down. I am really happy with them, and they are quite bright.
  4. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I come from the land of DR High Beams where brightness is not something you'd compare to Elixir's.

I slapped a set on my Spector, and for about 2 months they kept their sound!!! That's a long time!!!

I couldn't get used to the slippery feel of 'em, though. Because they're coated, the coating is very slippery, especially when even a hint of sweat touches them! Also, the attack is a bit softer on Elixir's than on non-coated strings, because the coating actually absorbs some of the attack.

Botton line is that I recommend everyone tries them, but I don't think everybody will like 'em as a replacement for their current brand...I didn't.
  5. I play all styles of music I prefer Elixir PolyWeb Regulars w/t .050 G string.

I've been using them for almost 4 years and need to replace them 1/4 as much as SS strings.

The Slippery feel can become addictive.:D
    It definitely saves your frets.
    I think they also save fingers from blisters.

Anywho, I'd recommend trying a set (or two, to get used to them).
  6. When I bought my Cirrus 6 months ago it came with Nano's on it, and they're still on, but it's time to change them. They simply sound AWESOME, I love them. They're not the best for picking, as they're a little soft, but man they're great for everything else. Get 'em, I bet you won't be dissapointed.