Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Elixir string complaint

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by lyle, Aug 17, 2005.

1. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    Well usually these string are great too me but the last set I picked up sounded a bit dead out of the pack. I played them for a while and still they sound way less bright then what I'm used to for elixirs. I email a complaint in and they gave me a number to call to better serve me. Wellshould i just call up saying im disapointed with a set of strings or what, im a bit confused. I dont want to sound like I'm trying to bum some new strings but I did pay sixty bucks for some what dead strings.

just need a bit of advise guys :help:

2. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    it doesnt make you a bum. i've been using elixirs for almost 4 years now. i have purchased upwards of 50 sets(everyone says they will last for years for some, i like zing, and fresh sounding strings. plus my sweat kills uncoated strings after like 2 days, these atleast last me 3-4 weeks depending on how many gigs i have). every now and then, you will get a defect. like everything else in life. when i had a problem with some of the E strings in the 105 guage(being dead right out of the box, and having the peel all over after a day, which usually takes a few weeks for me) they shipped me out a few brand new ones, and sent me a sase and asked if i send the defects back to them.

with any company. if i bought a product, and it didnt live up to what it says, i'm going to call and complain. you paid good money for their strings and they were defects. elixirs cs is awesome, they will send you a new set most likely.

3. elixer are always looking to try and improve thier line, it doesnt seem to always work (they keep having these free strings tests for market research)

so call them up, you may even be helping them, and as shawn said, you'll probably get a new set sent out

4. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    thanks guys

5. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    they sent me a new set of strings. These guys are great I didn't even have to ask they just listened to my problem and said a set will be on its way.

6. OK sounds great that's cool for you!
    It seems that perhaps be the sets are not as long life as they said, but the customer service is at the height of the price! :)

Vince

7. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    I've tried Elixir strings on 3 or 4 seperate periods, and each time I've tried them, my initial complaint was that to my ears, they sounded dead out of the box. I've participated in the recent string trial, and while I still thought that they were a tad dead to start with, they have been doing pretty good for the last month or so that I've been involved with the trial. I appreciate the way that Elixir is constantly looking to better their product, and it doesn't suprise me that they'd replace a bad set of strings either. They may have a customer in me for my fretless basses.

8. FreedomGundam

FreedomGundam

Aug 26, 2005
    I can't wait after i use up this set of Ernie Ball strings on my bass I will open up the package of Elixiers and try them out. Payed good money for those strings. I have though like 5 months stillf for the Ernie Ball strings max.. depends ont he course load I get and how much free time I get after homework to play around.

9. quatre03

quatre03

Aug 20, 2004
    I put on a pair of polywebs on my fretless, they sucked so much ass. right now i'm on a pair of coated GHS's that sound much better.
    [​IMG]